So tonight my boyfriend finally vented to me about problems he's had with his mom.
I honestly saw this coming; I've done a great deal of observing their relationship from a distance - but I never could gather enough.
I tried to tell him all the positive things. Yes, I am scared because I am a part of his picture now; but I'm more scared for their relationship. I'm big on parent-child relationships. Before anyone can have a healthy relationship with anyone else, that person must first create the best kind of relationship they can with his/her parents. People don't realize just how much they need their parents, and are constantly striving for independence. In Jayson's case, he has the rest of his life to be independent of his parents and be with me, so it is best that he just continue to give his all to his parents right now, before he gives his all to me.
In a way, I think it's silly. Jayson is complaining about a parent who cares a bit too much - whereas here I am complaining about a parent that could possibly give a shit. His situation is easily resolvable... mine, not so much. If anything, I WISH to have the best kind of relationship with both of my parents. As for my dad, it's hard with the possibility that he could be cheating on my mom. I wish he cared more. I wish he prioritized his wife and kids.
So for my Booboo, I just want to tell him that everything is gonna be alright. Your mom loves you sooo much, and only wants the best for you. You may not agree with everything she may have to say, but at least know that she says everything with the best intent. She's scared to lose you, that's all.
As for me, I don't know where I stand with his mom. I'm scared more than ever since she saw the ring I gave Jayson, and I'm MORE scared of her reaction when she finds out that Jayson has also given me a ring.
Hopefully in time, she fully accepts Jayson and I's relationship with an open mind and an open heart. But for now, I will just pray that Jayson and his mom's relationship will continue to be strong and healthy.
No comments:
Post a Comment