Monday, February 4, 2013

Distance

     Before the semester began, my boyfriend was really worried about distance.... and by that, he meant distance between us. He was scared that both of us would be too busy to have time for each other and that we would actually have to "make time" for each other.

     Yet he's the one who's constantly working. It is the third week of the semester, and I don't even see him carrying out his own words. I told him it was funny that, he was the one who told us to make time for each other, but he's the one choosing to work everyday. Btw, that's not funny. It's pretty sad. Prior to the start of the semester, I had three-four jobs in hand. I did my part and stopped three of them, so now I'm left with one job - which is just scribing at my school. I don't mind. I don't care for the money, I know I need to focus on my studies since I'm graduating, and I actually did plan to have more quality time with him. What about him? He decides to take on two jobs and is on the verge of getting a third one. What is this? Are you trying to beat me in how many jobs you can have at once? Say he gets this substituting job - If I hadn't told him to let go of one of his jobs (Go Waiter), he'd probably still be squeezing hours with all three jobs. So much for "making time" for us. I swear, if that loan wasn't a problem of his, he'd probably still be trying to work a million jobs at once. And this will take a toll on his studies.

     If the stupid loan is really his problem, then he should focus on his studies and get that degree, so in turn he'd actually get a nice career job that can pay his shit off. And by the way, once he gets accepted into the police academy, he's definitely not gonna have much time to spend with me. So why aren't you making the most of now? Sometimes, I really do feel like he chooses work over me. And again, this is coming from the guy who told me that we've gotta make time for each other. A bit hypocritical  I think.

     Who knows, maybe this will actually be good for me ya know... I have more time for myself, I have plenty of time to do hw (even though I still procrastinate), and I can see friends I haven't seen in forever on those days he decides to work.

     In the mean time, I've got to continue to adjust to all of this. I've become so used to seeing him almost 3-4, sometimes even 5 days a week. Well, we couldn't stay in that phase forever. Reality is kicking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment